Huge success is the right word to describe what Nintendo has managed to achieve with the Nintendo Switch. Back with a hardware strategy that in terms of performance can't match what the Xbox and Playstation have achieved, Nintendo has ended up pushing the hybrid concept which also inevitably joins the handheld ecosystem in it.
Affordable hardware prices led to the release of tempting exclusive games, making it easy for the Switch to break through the sales figure of 100 million units worldwide. In terms of numbers, what he managed to achieve really deserves to be celebrated.
In the latest data that they released, Nintendo is said to have managed to gain cumulative revenue of up to USD 59.8 billion in the last 5 years, aka since 2017 – when the Nintendo Switch was first available on the market.
What's more interesting? This revenue is still dominated by hardware. More than 55% of the total revenue, or around USD 33.16 billion, came from hardware sales. The rest – USD 26.63 Billion or about 45% comes from software.
Nintendo Switch itself has managed to sell more than 100 million units of hardware and about 766 million copies of video games in the last 5 years.
The data also shows that older Nintendo Switch models still dominate the market with a total of around 81.7 million units, followed by Lite at 17.8 million and OLED at 3.99 million. How about you? How many of you own a Switch by now?