Apple has officially released the iOS 15.2 software update for iPhone and iPad devices. Through this update, Apple adds a number of new features as well as fixes bugs that previously plagued users.
The new features include App Privacy Report capabilities, privacy security for underage users, as well as several other features.
Users can update to iOS 15.2 through the Settings menu > General > Software Update on their Apple devices.
As for some of the updates and bug fixes that are present on iOS 15.2 are as follows:
Apple Music Plan
Apple brings the Apple Music Voice Plan feature that allows users to access all songs, playlists, and all channels in Apple Music through the Siri virtual assistant.
Through the Just Ask Siri feature, users can ask Siri to provide song recommendations based on a list of music history they've listened to and a list of favorites or dislikes.
Users can also take advantage of the Play it Again feature to access a list of recently played music.
App Privacy Report can monitor how often apps accessed location, photos, camera, microphone, contacts, and other access over the past seven days, including network activity running on iPhone.
Apple also provides updates to the Messages application. Through iOS 15.2, parents can activate an alert on the iPhone their child uses when they send or receive photos that contain pornographic content.
The warning also contains education that will be displayed to iPhone users, when they receive photos containing pornographic content.
Siri and Search
Apple is extending app guides to Siri, Spotlight, and Safari Search to help users access the internet securely.
The Digital Legacy feature is able to give users access to select someone into Legacy Contacts, so that person can access their iCloud account and related personal information if the iPhone owner is declared dead.
Apple added the ability to switch the macro camera to an ultra-wide lens, so users can take photos and videos in macro format.
This feature can be activated via the Settings menu found on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max devices.
The Store tab allows users to browse, buy, and rent movies and TV shows in the same place.
The map paths found in Apple Maps have been refined, including additional information such as road turns, medians, bike paths, and pedestrian crossings in some cities.
Here are some of the improvements that Apple has released on iPhone devices:
- Hide My Email is now available in the Mail app for iCloud Plus subscribers. Customers of this service can generate a unique and random e-mail address.
- Find My is able to track the location of the iPhone for five hours while in Power Reserve mode.
- Stocks allows users to view stock price reports and view stock performance year-on-year in graphical form.
- Reminders and Notes can now delete and rename tags.
Apple releases a number of bug fixes for iPhone in certain circumstances such as when:
- Siri doesn't respond while the VoiceOver feature is running, and iPhone is locked.
- ProRAW photos that appear too bright when viewed through a third-party photo editing application.
- HomeKit apps that include a garage door may not run on CarPlay, especially when the user's iPhone is locked.
- CarPlay cannot update information on the Now Playing tab in certain apps.
- Video streaming app that can't load content on iPhone 13 series devices.
- Events contained in Calendar have the possibility to appear on the wrong day when opened in Microsoft Exchange.
WatchOS 8.3 and tvOS 15.2 updates
Along with the iOS 15.2 update, Apple also released an update to the operating system for each Apple Watch and Apple TV device, namely watchOS 8.3 and tvOS 15.2.
In watchOS 8.3, Apple added the Apple Music Voice Plan capability that allows users to access all songs, playlists, and all channels in Apple Music using the Siri virtual assistant.
Apple also presents the App Privacy Report feature which can record all summary data and sensors contained in the applications installed on the device.
There is also a fix for notifications that previously could annoy some users while running the Mindfulness app on Apple Watch.
Although it also released the tvOS 15.2 update, unfortunately Apple did not provide more detailed details regarding the features that were brought to the Apple TV operating system.