For example, if a friend or family member accidentally made a purchase using your account, you can request a refund on the Google Play site.
If you find a purchase that was not made or was not made by a known person using a card or other payment method, you can report the unauthorized charge 120 days after the transaction.
Citing the Google Support page, there are some notes that you should pay attention to if you want to make a refund or refund on Google Play.
If it’s still less than 48 hours from your app or in-app purchase, you can request a refund via Google Play.
If you buy music, movies, books, or other content, you can request a refund more than 48 hours after purchase. For this, you can check the refund terms on the Google help page considering that some items may have different terms.
Usually, a decision will be made within one working day up to a maximum of four working days.
If your purchase is not on the list of recent purchases, you can request a refund via the Google Play site with three options.
The first way is the easiest, namely by requesting a refund on the Google Play site. Here are the steps:
- On your computer, go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Select Order History
- Find the order you want to return.
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem, then select the option that describes your issue.
- Complete the form and note that you want a refund.
- You’ll get a message saying “Thank you for raising your issue”. Then, you will get an email regarding the refund decision. Usually, you’ll get a refund within 15 minutes up to a maximum of 4 business days.
The second way is through the Google Assistant or Google Assistant. For the second way, you can tell Google Assistant on your device that you want to make a Google Play refund. However, to request a refund from the Google Assistant, you must use United States English on the device.
While the third way is to get support from developers or application makers. You should contact the app developer if:
- Have questions regarding the app.
- Made an in-app purchase, but the purchased item didn’t deliver or didn’t work as you expected.
- You want a refund and it’s been more than 48 hours since your purchase. The developer can assist you with purchase issues, and can process refunds in accordance with applicable policies and laws.
Previously, in celebration of its 10th anniversary, Google Play got a new logo. Google is known to slightly change the overall shape of its Google Play logo. The most notable change is the color which is now less conspicuous.
The new Google Play logo colors consist of green, yellow, blue, and red. Still using the previous colors but softer. These colors are also used in other Google services.
That said, the color of the new Google Play logo is an adjustment to complement the new Google Chrome logo which was updated earlier this year.
“We introduced a new logo that better reflects the magic of Google and matches the branding shared by many of our useful products. Starting from Google Search, Google Assistant, Photos, Gmail, and others,” said VP of Google Play Tian Lim.
Lim said this new logo and iconography marks 10 years of Google Play, after its name was changed from Android Market in 2012.
“A decade later, more than 2.5 billion people in more than 190 countries use Google Play every month to find apps, games and digital content,” said Lim.
He said more than 2 million developers worked with Google’s app store to build their own businesses and reach people around the world.