Nintendo Switch Online has grown much more impressive over the years, but there are some who find the service not up to them. If you're one of them or have grown tired of the service — or no longer want to deal with monthly fees — here's how to cancel your Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
This step can be done both on the console and via Nintendo's website. Whichever method you choose, it's nothing difficult and it only takes a few minutes to cancel your membership.
How to cancel Nintendo Switch Online from the Switch console
- Go to the home screen.
- Sign in to the Nintendo eShop.
- Select Your Profile from the top right corner.
- Select Nintendo Switch Online from the menu.
- Click the big orange Stop automatic updates button.
After doing this step, you can use the service until the end of the last payment cycle.
How to cancel Nintendo Switch Online via website
- Go to Nintendo.com, sign in and access your profile using the Sign In button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the Shop menu.
- Choose Nintendo Switch Online.
- Select the Stop automatic updates option.
Please note, canceling your Nintendo Switch Online membership means removing access to all of its services. This includes access to online multiplayer, NES and SNES catalogs, member-only discounts, and more.