Not only for Reels, but this setting will also apply to autoplay for any other Facebook video you see on it.
If you're curious, here's a way to stop Reels and videos on Facebook from playing automatically:
On Android Phone
- Open the Facebook app and tap the Menu button (hamburger menu or three horizontal lines).
- On the Menu page that opens, scroll down and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- On the following page, in the Profile section at the top, select Profile Settings.
- Scroll down the page and tap Media and Contacts.
- You will land on the Settings screen. Here, tap on Autoplay.
- On the Autoplay page, select the Never Autoplay Videos option.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the lower right corner.
- On the following screen, scroll down and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Under Preferences, select Media.
- In the Autoplay section, select the option to Never Autoplay Videos.
- And that's it. Your iPhone will never autoplay Reels or other videos on Facebook.
- Open a web browser and access Facebook. Sign in to your account if you haven't already.
- Then, in the top-right corner of Facebook, click your profile icon or the down arrow icon and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- From the left sidebar, select Videos.
- In the right pane, next to Video Autoplay, click the drop-down menu and select Off.
- Facebook will automatically save your changes, so you don't have to do anything.