While you can't permanently remove Facebook Reels from your feed, you can still stop them from playing automatically.
Not only for Reels, but this setting will also apply to autoplay for any other Facebook video you see on it.
If you're curious, here's a way to stop Reels and videos on Facebook from playing automatically:
On Android Phone
- Open the Facebook app and tap the Menu button (hamburger menu or three horizontal lines).
- On the Menu page that opens, scroll down and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- On the following page, in the Profile section at the top, select Profile Settings.
- Scroll down the page and tap Media and Contacts.
- You will land on the Settings screen. Here, tap on Autoplay.
- On the Autoplay page, select the Never Autoplay Videos option.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the lower right corner.
- On the following screen, scroll down and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Under Preferences, select Media.
- In the Autoplay section, select the option to Never Autoplay Videos.
- And that's it. Your iPhone will never autoplay Reels or other videos on Facebook.
- Open a web browser and access Facebook. Sign in to your account if you haven't already.
- Then, in the top-right corner of Facebook, click your profile icon or the down arrow icon and select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- From the left sidebar, select Videos.
- In the right pane, next to Video Autoplay, click the drop-down menu and select Off.
- Facebook will automatically save your changes, so you don't have to do anything.