Since June 2022, WhatsApp has officially launched a feature that allows users to hide the information/about column aka “About”.
The About feature is similar to the “bio” feature on some social media. In About, users can describe themselves, what they are doing, their jobs, enter their favorite quotes, or more.
Other users, can see About by opening the contact’s profile. Usually, the About column can help other people find out more about the contact.
Users who have just joined WhatsApp will generally have an About column that says “Available”. If interested, users can change the text listed in the About column with a variety of available status templates.
One of them is like “Busy”, a status that indicates that the user is busy and doesn’t want to be disturbed. Not only can they choose the available templates, users can also write their own information that they want to display in the About column according to their wishes.
By default, the information in the About column is visible to everyone who saved the contact. If you want to share the information in the About column only with certain users, the user can hide the information so that it doesn’t appear on the profile.
This is so that the information in “About” can be more secure, especially information that is personal and only wants to be known by certain people. Well, for more details, here’s how to hide About WhatsApp from certain contacts, so that information is more secure:
How to hide About on WhatsApp
- Open the WhatsApp app
- Press the vertically aligned “three dots” icon
- Then select the option “Settings” > “Accounts” > “Privacy/Privacy” > “About/Info”.
- There are four options to choose from
- The “Everyone” option, allows everyone to see the About information listed, including recently interacted or unsaved contacts
- The “My contacts” option only shows About information to users registered in the user’s contacts
- The option “My contacts except../My contacts except..” can be selected to specify certain people you want to hide
- The “Nobody” option is selected if the user does not want to show the About column to everyone
- Finally, press the “Finish” button