Some iPhone users may want to remove certain apps from the screen without having to uninstall them, for the sake of a matching appearance or other reasons where the app icon doesn’t want to be seen by anyone. Or in other cases, it’s a default iOS app that can’t be uninstalled but not used.
Luckily, in this situation you can hide the app without needing to uninstall it. This method will not delete the application from the device, so it will not make any changes to the storage space. However, it can be an effective measure to get rid of the icon without making the app itself inaccessible.
The option to hide apps from the iPhone screen can be accessed via the settings menu or the Home Screen. For Tech Friends who want to know more about how, see the tips and tricks below.
How to hide apps on iPhone via settings
- Go to Settings and tap on “Siri & Search” section
- Scroll down to the list of apps and find the app you want to hide
- Click the app name in the list, then turn off the “Show on Home Screen” option
In an instant, the app will disappear from the home screen. You can also unhide previously hidden apps by enabling the option in step 3.
How to hide apps on iPhone via Home Screen
- Find the app you want to hide on the Home Screen or in a folder you may have created.
- Tap and hold the screen for a few seconds until your iPhone vibrates and the app icons start to wiggle and a “-” symbol appears in each of the top-left corners of the icons.
- Tap the “-” symbol on the icon you want to hide.
- Then the options will appear, Delete App, Remove from Home Screen, and Cancel. Please note, not all applications have this option.
- Select Remove from Home Screen to hide the app icon.