How to remove PDF password is very complicated. Another thing when we give a password to a PDF document. Fortunately, there are many third-party applications such as Free PDF Password Remover that allow us to remove Owner Password and User Password from PDFs.
Owner Password is also known as Change permissions password which is the term for the password used by the owner to restrict PDF editing features such as copying, printing, commenting, and more.
Meanwhile, User Password is a term for passwords used by users to access passwords that protect PDF data.
However, there are times when these third-party applications will ask you to provide a User Password when the password embedded in the PDF is too strong an encryption level, such as AES 128 or AES 256.
If the PDF is only protected with a key using a third-party application, then all kinds of security protections should be removed with just a few clicks.
The Teknowire team will provide a way to remove PDF passwords, both Owner Password and even User Password if possible.
In this tip, we will share three ways to remove PDF passwords with different tools. You can take advantage of the official Nitro PDF application, but of course this application is not available for free.
You can also try third-party applications such as Free PDF Password Remover. Or, you don't need to install any application, because the third method that we will share can be accessed via a browser only.
Keep in mind once again, the three ways to remove PDF passwords below only apply if the password is not encrypted. Even if it is encrypted, you must enter the User Password first. Let's see how to remove PDF passwords with the full application!
Remove PDF Password with Nitro PDF
The official way to remove PDF document passwords is to use the Nitro PDF application. This app is paid, but you can still use it for free for 30 days only.
Having a look like Microsoft Word, this application is easy to use. You can also use Nitro PDF to remove PDF document passwords in a very easy way.
- Open the Nitro PDF application.
- Then, go to the Protect bar, and click the Password Security menu.
- Then, select the No Security option and click Ok.
- Don't forget to save the PDF document by pressing the keyboard keys Ctrl + S.
How to Remove PDF Password with Free Apps
If you are reluctant to subscribe to Nitro PDF, you can take advantage of third-party applications that can remove PDF passwords for free.
One application that we recommend is Free PDF Password Remover by 4dots Software. This application is completely free and really helps us to solve this problem.
Here's how to remove passwords in PDF files with the free application Free PDF Password Remover:
- Download and install the program first. You can check the Integrate with Windows Explorer option if you want to add the Add File option in the application.
- To add data, click Add File. Then, click Open on the PDF document for which you want to remove the password.
- Next, click Remove Passwords at the top. If the PDF password is not encrypted, it will be deleted immediately.
- However, if it is strongly encrypted, then you must enter a password first to open it.
- Click Ok, and save the document in the folder you want.
Remove PDF Password with Smallpdf
The next way to remove the PDF password is with an internet site. There are many web-based applications that are useful for removing PDF passwords, one of which is Smallpdf.
Indeed in terms of security is very lacking, because they have a copy of the data you uploaded during the password deletion process. So, we strongly do not recommend this method for documents that are highly confidential or sensitive.
“When you upload a file, it is sent using a secure connection. Your file is deleted one hour after processing. If we need your password, it will not be read or stored,” Smallpdf said on its official website.
Similar to the previous method, this site will remove owner and user passwords from unencrypted PDFs or ask for a user password for encrypted documents.
- Access the Smallpdf site (https://smallpdf.com/unlock-pdf).
- Before starting the upload, you are required to check Pinky Swear first. And click the Unlock PDF button.
- If the PDF document is not encrypted, the password will be automatically deleted and you will see a Download button to download new data.
- As for the encrypted one, you are required to enter a User Password to delete the password. You can also download the data to Dropbox or Google Drive.