Unfortunately, not all users like the sudden and long way of updating Windows 11
Here are some ways to turn off Windows 11 updates:
- Right-click the network icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and select Network and Internet settings.
- After that, click Settings, Network & Internet and Properties
- Click Properties and turn on the Metered connection setting. The trick, after the Properties, click Metered Connection.
Now Windows will not download updates automatically on your computer. If there is an important update, Windows will notify you before the update is downloaded.
The method above only applies to general updates. For security updates, Windows will still be downloaded and installed automatically.
Alternatively, if you don’t want security updates or other important updates to be installed automatically, you can use the Pause update feature with a maximum period of 1 week.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key + I at the same time.
- Select Windows Update on the left and then on the right, look for the Pause for 1 week button next to the Pause updates bar.
With the above method, the update will be stopped for 1 week.