Although known as one of the leading chipset manufacturers for smartphones, MediaTek has quite a lot of business lines. The Taiwanese company has penetrated into other devices such as Smart TV, IoT and also 5G broadband. Now, they are adding a new product to their 5G portfolio with the launch of the MediaTek T830.
MediaTek T830 is a chipset intended for routers and mobile hotspots with 5G connectivity support. The chipset uses their own modem, the M80, which operates in the sub-6GHz band. That means, the T830 will be able to be used for high-speed mobile 5G networks up to 7 Gbps worldwide.
With 4nm fabrication, power usage can be more efficient, especially for mobile modems that have batteries. Other specifications, MediaTek T830 is powered by a quad-qore ARM Cortex-A55 main SoC with 3GPP Release-16 cellular modem features. It is also equipped with a Network Processing Unit (NPU), supporting up to 20Gbps speeds over 5G cellular to ethernet or Wi-Fi connections.
Other features include:
- The M80’s built-in modem with integrated MediaTek 5G UltraSave technology ensures optimal energy efficiency in all 5G connection conditions.
- Supports 5G NSA/SA, with sub-6GHz connection up to 4CC-CA plus FDD/TDD support.
- Supports dual 5G SIM (DSDS).
- Peripheral connectivity includes 3x PCI-Express root complex controller, USB 3.2, two 10GbE USXGMII interfaces, plus various PCM/SPI interfaces for RJ11.
- 3D GPU integrated with display driver.
- Supports RDK-B, prplOS and OpenSync to meet various Tier-1 open OS framework specifications.