Since its release in 2017, the story feature on WhatsApp has given users a better experience. Now users can express and share various moments via WhatsApp status.
For some users, sharing status on Whatsapp is more convenient because it is not very public. This is because to view WhatsApp stories between users, one must save each other's WhatsApp contacts.
Just like other status features, the story feature on Whatsapp also displays which users have viewed your status.
See also: WhatsApp Users Can Hide ‘Last Seen' from Unknown Contacts
And vice versa, if you view other users' stories, your name is certainly included in the “Viewed by” list or people who have seen their status .
Although this is considered less important, some people who are concerned with privacy are sometimes uncomfortable with their names appearing in the “Viewed by” list on other people's status .
How to view WhatsApp status without letting know
One of the easiest ways is to turn off punctuation on your Whatsapp account. Here are the steps.
- Login to Whatsapp
- Click the “three dots” in the upper right corner
- Click “Settings/Settings”
- Click “Account/Account”
- Select “Privacy”
- Search for “Read Receipts”
- Slide the toggle to the left to disable
Now you can view other people's stories without being caught and get on the list of seen statuses. To reopen it, you simply slide the toggle to the right.
However, it should be noted that if you enable this setting, you will also not be able to see the list of people who have viewed your status.
See also: WhatsApp introduces preview feature for voice messages
View WhatsApp status via the Web
To make it invisible to other users when you see their status, try using the method by viewing them via Whatsapp Web. Here's how.
- Open WhatsApp in your browser
- Open the status screen to see who the contact list has shared with you
- Turn off your internet connection
- When the internet is down, you can see the status of other users you want to see
- After viewing it, close your browser window or delete all your browser data
- Then reconnect the internet on your laptop/PC
Done, your name will not be visible in the “Viewed by” list by other users.