The problem is that users are reluctant or feel bad about “unfollowing” (unfollowing). Especially blocking the account. So, what can be done? There is a trick you can do to hide a friend’s upload on Instagram without having to unfollow or block the account.
This trick takes advantage of the built-in features on Instagram, namely “mute” aka “mute” and “hide” or hide.
So, there’s no need to download a third, usually unofficial app to hide your friends’ uploads on Instagram. If someone’s account is muted or hidden, he or she will not get any notifications from Instagram.
The two accounts -both those that hide and those whose uploads are hidden- will still remain friends on Instagram and can interact as usual, including sending messages, visiting profile pages, and so on. Hiding a friend’s post on Instagram is not difficult. Just do the following steps:
How to mute a friend’s Instagram post
- First, find the user’s Instagram Stories post that you want to mute. You can go through the Stories timeline or open the desired user profile.
- Open his Instagram Stories upload
- Click the three dots to the right of the post.
- Later there will be an option “mute stories” or “mute posts (feeds) and stories”
- If you want to hide only Instagram Stories, select “mute stories”.
- However, if you want to hide Instagram Stories and feed posts at the same time, select “mute posts (feeds) and stories”.