If you are a long time Twitter user or even since Twitter was first founded, and are tired of playing this blue bird logo application, you can deactive your account for a while.
Don't worry, your account doesn't have to be permanently deleted. If you feel empty and directionless after doing this, you can get your account back up to 30 days after doing this. Here's how:
Deactivate Twitter Account in Browser
1. On the web, click the More item at the bottom left of the screen.
2. In the mobile browser, tap the profile icon
3. Select Settings and Privacy then Your Account
4. At the bottom of the list, tap Deactivate your account
5. Go to the bottom of the page to find the Deactivate link
There will be a lot of information on the page before you open that link. Some of them are quite useful. There is a full description of what can no longer be seen, such as your display name, @username and public profile.
A guarantee that you can recover your account “for some time” if it was accidentally or incorrectly deleted, and a way to reactivate it after 30 days or 12 months.